Friday, July 21, 2006

Next week's Word & Way article

I was only a child during the late 1970’s. However, I have heard my parents and grandparents talk about the "energy crisis" of the seventies – Do you remember the long lines waiting for gasoline and the scare that there would not be enough energy? You can almost translate that image directly into what it means to say there is a kind of stress induced emotional energy crisis being experienced by many people today. How often do we either hear, think, or speak these words: "There is so much to do, and so little time." "There are so many bills, and so little money." "There is so much pressure, and so little peace."

If there were a way to measure our life's vitality level in the same way we use a gas gauge in our automobiles, where would your gauge indicator be? Would you be on Full, 1/2 or 1/4 of a tank? Or would you be sitting on "E”? Many of us need renewal, even recharging, in our lives. I can’t promise worshipping in church on Sunday will give you more time, but I can promise it will be time well spent. I can’t promise worshipping in church on Sunday will give you more money, but I can promise it will make money seem less important. I can’t promise worshipping in church on Sunday will remove all the pressure from your life, but I can promise what our Lord promises. He can give you peace.

Let’s seek renewal, and recharging, together. And to steal a line from our pastor, see you in church on Sunday!

Grace and peace,

James

No comments: